Monday, May 25, 2009

Toto, I don't think we're in Nebraska anymore?

So the big move went well. Or as well as can be expected with the way our luck runs. We had a lot of great help on Thursday evening packing up and great company while we cleaned the carpets.



We hit the road Friday morning and all was going good. About 20 mile north of St. Joseph, Missouri, I kept thinking we're almost there, Doug calls me and tells me that he's glad the guy at the Budget place circled the roadside emeregency number on the pamphlet. He had a rear tire blowout on the moving truck! UGGGG! I could not believe it! Clayton and I were about 5 miles behind him because he left a little earlier than us and I was slowly catching up. So as we come around the curve on I-29 highway I see the giant tire peel laying on the middle of the road.





Luckily nothing to bad happend other than Doug being a little shaken. So we pull off the highway exit, in Oregon, Missouri, and that's when the big waiting game began. Luckily it was by some nice woods and a really cool pond. (Insert sacasm here!)



Two and a half hours later we hit the road. Our now 6 hour trip has turned into 9 hours! We could have driven to Denver in that amount of time. Somehow we survived and arrived to my sister and her crew of moving kids! We emptied about 85% of the truck out Friday night with just a few dressers and the deep freeze left for the strong men on Saturday.

(New definition of "hot dog")
So we are here and I am edging towards exhaustion. We are glad to be home!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the move went well (sort of). I hope things go well as you get settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least there was the cool pond:) Glad you finally made it! Have fun unpacking!!

    ReplyDelete