Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bad Looking

It seems like on a daily basis at our house we talk about "bad looking." Not bad looking people or ourselves but having "bad looking" skills. I wonder why in the world the good Lord blessed boys (and men) with bad looking skills? There is a daily hunt for the Gameboy charger or the left shoe or the missing camo glove that my hubby HAS to HAVE to take hunting. Why oh why can they not put their stuff in the same place every time?

That leads my thought to a recent trip to the Sears at our local, or semi-local, shopping mall. We all were enjoying the trip, as much as we can with a rambunctious 4 year old boy, when he went missing. He ran away from dad out into the mall and disappeared. How terrified was I when the hubby called me and told me he was gone.

As I ran out into the food court, the busiest place in the mall that day, I tried to remember all the things that I had read and listened to all these years of having kids and I could not for the life of me remember a darn thing that they said. All I could do was yell his name and hope that he would pop out and say, "Here I am!" That didn't happen.

He turned up about 10 minutes, and minus 10 years of my life, later. He was in the jeans rack back in the Sears. My hubby found him just bawling and scared to death backed all the way against the wall. He just kept crying that he couldn't find us. Let me tell you, that was the longest ten minutes of my life. I know that most moms unfortunately at some time or another have also had this unpleasant experience. As I ran to security all I could hope was that their "looking" skills were better than the ones we have at home.

Everything turned out great in the end, except for the fact that half of Grand Island watched me bawl until my masscara ran, when so many times it does not. And can you believe the worst looker in my house was the one that found my boy? Hmm... how's that for "good looking"?

No comments:

Post a Comment