So this weekend we traveled to Kansas City, which I'm sure some people know that we are in limbo here in Hastings and will be going back to Kansas City in a few months. This is a common trip for us but this wasn't the usual weekend back home.
Friday morning the women began to descended upon my house one car at a time. This all started about 8:00 and my dear husband just grinned and welcomed everyone in! At 8:00 in the morning! Remember we didn't get home until about midnight on Thursday! What a great guy!
So the reason for the invasion was to attend the Women of Faith Conference at the Sprint Center. I was baptized at our church in Raytown last year with my best boy, Tyler, and I feel like I am still a small child in my walk with God. Still trying to get my balance and understand what and how the Lord speaks to me. I have been waiting so long for this opprotunity. I couldn't wait to the conference and absorb all the wisdom these wonderful women, and a few men, were going to teach me!
The music was wonderful, we got to see the first performances of the year! Including Steven Curtis Chapman and you may remember Mandisa from American Idol. I can't wait to get their music off iTunes. There were great speakers from all walks of life and all ages. I am so appreciative for their openness about their lives and the way the Lord has worked in them. But the one thing that I keep hearing over and over from them is that God forgives and forgets. So why is it so hard to forgive ourselves? Why do we have to constantly struggle to let our past mistakes go?
So I prayed that I can just give these things over to him and let him take away all the pain and struggle that can go with these things. And you know when I left on Saturday afternoon I felt so wonderful! I was exhausted from head to toe and my brain felt like it was going to burst from all the thinking I did over the weekend but I felt refreshed! I felt as though God had touched my life in a way that I will never forget and I hoped that I could feel like this everyday. I felt like tomorrow was a new day and all I had to do was keep giving it over to God!
Last night when I we finally made it back to Hastings, of course I had to check my e-mail and my facebook and there my dear friend had posted how she was feeling. I feel like it said it all, "Only a relationship with God fills your life with peace...".
I have to agree with her on that and that I am to full to the brim too.
No comments:
Post a Comment