What a beautiful day today was! We were blessed this week to have 3 gorgeous days in a row. Sunny and a little wind just to let us know that winter is not quite over. The kids loved to get out of the house. It was like letting the inmates loose! What a great week.
When we moved here I was so sad. I missed my home, my job, and my everyday rushing around. Doug's hours had picked up and he was gone at least 12 hours a day. I had a house full of boxes and no one around. It was summer time so no school parents to get to know. HOW WAS I GOING TO SURVIVE A YEAR LIKE THIS? About a week after we moved here and I signed my kids up to go to VBS at a church in town. That's where I saw the MOPS sign. What is MOPS? Will they like me? How terrible will my kids be compared to theirs?
As I checked my kids in that first day I didn't know I was meeting one of those MOPS. What a friendly smile and a beautiful baby girl. Oh how Clayton talked about that baby girl. He went through a faze that he was totally fixated with babies. Little fingers and little toes. So the first play date I went to, all the faces weren't completely new. How fun was the little splash pool at the park? I didn't even know they had these anymore.
Well it turns out they liked me okay. At least they let me hang around with them. I honestly can't imagine what I would have done with myself this year without my beloved mom friends. They've been there to see how terrible my kids can be and how great they can be. I've watched all the of their children grow in such a short time I feel sad that I can't see how all of them will turn out. I know we will not be that far away but no one will ever compare to you, my friends. Thanks for making these times here some of the best times in my life!
Just found your blog Stephanie! I just want to tell you what a blessing you have been to our group and how much I know we'd all like you to stay! MOPS/the Moms I've met there have been such a blessing to me as well. I could probably write a paper on that topic!
ReplyDelete